Cheddar-Crusted Apple Pie
finely ground cornmeal
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/4 c. granulated sugar
4 tbsp. granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 c. unsalted butter
6 tbsp. vegetable shortening
large egg yolks
1/4 c. ice water
tart baking apples
1/4 c. packed brown sugar
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. freshly grated or ground nutmeg
- In a food processor, combine the cornmeal, 2 cups flour, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, and salt. Add the butter and shortening and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the Cheddar and pulse until just combined (the mixture will not come together yet). Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks and 1/4 cup ice water. Add to the flour mixture and stir with a fork until the dough is crumbly but holds together when squeezed (if necessary, add additional water, 1 teaspoon at a time). Divide the dough in half, transfer each piece to a piece of plastic wrap and shape into a 1-inch-thick disk. Wrap tightly and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. In a large bowl, toss the apples with the brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, remaining 2 tablespoons flour, and 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and toss to combine.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll a disk of dough into a 12-inch circle. Fit it into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Trim the dough so that the overhang is even all the way around (about 1/2 inch from the edge of the pie plate). Spoon the apple mixture into the prepared crust.
- Roll out the remaining disk of dough to a 12-inch circle. Lay the dough over the filling. Trim the edge of the dough, leaving a 1-inch overhang. Fold the top crust under the bottom crust to create a thicker crust to seal; crimp as desired. Using a sharp knife, cut 5 vents in the top crust. Alternatively, cut leaves from the dough scraps, arrange on the top of the crust and cut vents in between.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees F and bake until the crust is golden brown, 50 to 55 minutes. (If the crust begins to brown too quickly, loosely cover with foil.) Transfer the pie to a wire rack and let it cool to room temperature before serving.
Video: CHEDDAR crust APPLE PIE | Thanksgiving Savory & Sweet Dessert | Kravings
The 5 Eye Shadow Colours Every Woman Should Own
How to Write a Business Review on Yelp
How to Cure a Small Bad Burn
Exercise May Boost Breast Cancer Patients Quality of Life
Rosemary-Sage Roast Turkey and Gravy
Maaji Royal Riders Swimwear 2015 Collection
7 Best New Sephora Arrivals to Shop ThisMonth
How to Buy Errors and Omissions Insurance
How to Care for a Non Tropical Tortoise
The Lunch That Combats Brain Fog
Tax returns are just the start
How to Make a Natural Cleaner
Where To Shop For Designer If You Are Plus Size
Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation, 1 oz - . - (Light With Neutral Undertone)
The spread of antibiotic-resistant bacteria is often associated with the overuse of antibiotics in farming
Date: 03.12.2018, 13:54 / Views: 62551