Facts That May Make You Think Twice About Your Trash
So, how much waste do we generate during our lifetime? We’re talking about food, plastic, waste, diapers, soaps, deodorants, clothes, etc. When we break it down, the numbers are alarming:
- Every single day, each person sends 20 gallons of sewage into the sewage system. During our lifetime this equals up to 567,575 gallons.
- Each person sends 64 tons of garbage to landfills during their lifetime.
- Every year, the USA creates 246 million tons of solid waste.
- U.S. residents throw 11 million tons of glass bottles away every year. This equals 440 times the weight of the Titanic.
- Every second, 694 plastic bottles are disposed of, which comes to 60 million a day.
- Every day, 100 million cans of steel and aluminum are being thrown away. That amount is enough to build an entire city.
- We generate about 220 million tons of garbage every single year. This is equivalent to burying 82,000 football fields 6 feet deep in the garbage.
- Developed countries produce more than 50% of the world’s garbage.
At the moment, there are no statistics available that measure the entire planet’s garbage. However, if we take into consideration that the U.S. makes up about 4% of the world’s population, this equals the entire planet’s yearly garbage production of up to 4 or 5 billion tons every year.
This translates to an average American generating 4.3 lb of garbage every day.This means 1569.5 lb for each person every year (4.3×365 = 1569.5). With the U.S. population now at 285 million, this equals 447307.5 million lb of garbage.
Video: 4 Questions That Will Make You Question Reality
Barnyard, Charlotte Street, Fitzrovia
8 Ways to Warm Up Your Diabetes Management This Winter
The Best Made In Britain Shoe Brands
Electromagnetic Waves May Help Fight Deadly Brain Cancer
Work smarter to work harder
Hannah Harts Favorite Breakfasts for a Hangover
Putting Together Your Thyroid Disease Treatment Team
How to Attain Moksha
Gwyneth Paltrow’s 25 Most PretentiousQuotes
Miu Miu Iconic Cat Prints from the 2010 Collection Revive
Nadia Sawalha’s mum reveals shock health diagnosis