Slow Cooker White Cheddar Broccoli Mac & Cheese
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 387 | Total Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 285mg | Carbohydrates: 48g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Protein: 21g | SmartPoints: 13
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch or tapioca starch
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup grated white cheddar cheese
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets
- 2 cups dry, whole wheat pasta
- Whisk together the milk, egg whites, and cornstarch in your slow cooker insert. Be sure to whisk well.
- Stir in the grated cheese, broccoli and pasta shells.
- Cook on low for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- After the first hour, stir the food on a semi-regular basis (about every 15 minutes or so). This will do two things. It will allow the pasta to cook evenly. It will also allow you to keep any eye on the pasta and see when it's done.
- Every slow cooker is different, so the timing for this recipe may be slightly different on this for you. Pasta goes from "cooked" to "mush" very quickly.
Video: CROCK-TOBER! BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP - CROCK POT RECIPE COLLAB!
Weight Loss Tied to Lower Risk of Uterine Cancer
How to Convince Your Parents to Let You Become a Dog Walker
Sophie Dahl Orders You to Indulge in Winter Comfort Foods (3 Recipes to Get CozyWith)
I Texted With 15 Guys On Tinder Using Only Carrie Bradshaw Quotes and Heres What Happened
68 Of Americans Arent Getting Enough Of This Essential Mineral—Are You
How to Stick to Commitments to Yourself When Youre Tired and Stressed Out
How to Improve Your Email Etiquette
1. San Antonio, Texas
How to Play Slasher on Halloween
5 overlooked rules of management
Meditation Can Amp Up Your Sex Life, Says Very HelpfulStudy
Stay In A Floating Bedroom Above The Great Barrier Reef With Airbnb